ISPOR Online Community Rules, Etiquette, and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the ISPOR member community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions, shared files, and content to that best suited to the community. This is a great platform with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. If you have any questions about rules, etiquette, or privacy, please direct them to our Member Services department via email@example.com.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and beneficial dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a bad question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products, job postings, advertising, or services that you provide.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted in discussion groups and/or libraries are available for all to see. Comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Respect intellectual property. Do not post content that you are not authorized to reuse, including any copywritten files. Post content that you have personally created and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in any of our Communities, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- ISPOR has many outlets for our members to provide information, we encourage you to select the correct outlet amongst our many offerings. Here are some examples of other locations that ISPOR provides:
- Promotions or advertising options can be found with ISPOR Advertising. Promotional messages are not permitted in the Community.
- Need help finding or seeking a job? Please go to ISPOR’s HEOR Career Center
- General questions or information about ISPOR? Reach out to Member Services team at 1-800-992-0643 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette:
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Do not send personal messages such as "thank you for the information" or "I agree" as a reply to all in the discussion thread. Instead you can send a direct message to the individual by using the "Reply to Sender" link.
- Do not send administrative messages (eg, “remove me from the list”) to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
ISPOR, the professional society for health economics and outcomes research (also known as the International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research and referred to in this notice as “ISPOR,” “we,” “our,” or “us”), provides this privacy notice to describe how we collect, use, share, and otherwise process the personal data of individuals who visit our website www.ispor.org.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (eg, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact email@example.com.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information, please contact us using the Contact Us page.